The Gavilan Promise Program is designed to provide first-time college students with access to affordable higher education and to increase college going and completion rates in our service area.
Benefits of the Gavilan Promise
As a Gavilan Promise student, you will receive:
- Free tuition ($46 per unit) for eligible first-time college students for up to two years.
- Comprehensive academic support services.
- Textbook Grant.
- Priority registration (Group 2).
- Quality academic advising and development of Education Plan.
- Progress monitoring to ensure your continued success.
Requirements of the Gavilan Promise
- Be a first-time, full-time college student
- CA resident or qualify for an AB 540 non-resident tuition exemption.
- Complete a financial aid application each academic year.
- Maintain a minimum enrollment status of 12 units.
- Maintain a minimum GPA
- Minimum GPA of 2.0 with at least 12 units completed each semester.
- Complete an Education Plan.
- Monitor your progress each semester by obtaining progress reports from your instructors.
- Attend regular meetings with your counselor.
How To Apply
- Apply for admissions for Gavilan College.
- Complete a FAFSA or CADAA application.
- Complete the Online Orientation for new students.
- Complete an Education Plan with a counselor.
- Enroll and successfully complete 12 units or more during the Fall and Spring semesters.
Download the printable handout.
For more information on the Gavilan Promise, call 408-848-4727 or email email@example.com