Student Activities Fee and ID Card
LOOKING TO GET YOUR STUDENT ID CARD?
Come by the Welcome Center during regular school hours! Be sure you have paid the $6 ASGC Card fee and bring a photo ID.
Revenue collected from the student activities fee is used to maintain and strengthen existing programs and to establish new ones that will enhance students’ academic and social experience at Gavilan College through the Associated Students of Gavilan College (ASGC), Gavilan’s student government organization. Annually more than ten-thousand dollars in scholarships, multi-cultural events, guest speakers, leadership conferences and many more campus activities that are open to all students who attend Gavilan College, are made possible from the collection of the student activities fee. The ASGC Card can also be activated as your Gavilan College library card and can be loaded with money to be used as a GoPrint card.
Among the many benefits of paying the student activities fee is receiving the ASGC Student ID Card. This card can be used as an identification card both on and off campus. With the ASGC Card, students can get special discounts and privileges including, but not limited to, discounts at businesses and access to cardholder-only services at Gavilan College.
Below are just samples of the benefits of having an ASGC card.
- Textbook scholarships up to $200.00 per semester
- Student activities fees help support campus activities and club events.
- Free scantrons and/or green books Students must pickup these up in the ASGC Office during scheduled office hours.
- Free admission to all Gavilan College Athletic Events
- Computer hardware and software discounts through College Buys
- Be eligible for student discounts at many businesses and retailers.
- Senior and Gavilan Faculty (S & F) Price on eligible Cosmetology Services offered through the Gavilan College Cosmetology Department
- Buy one regular priced Gavilan College Theater ticket and get second ticket for half price
Student activities fees can be paid when registering on your myGav account or in person at the Gilroy or Hollister locations. Students may also choose to "opt-out" of the fee each term during the registration period. The cost of the activities fee is $6.00. Thank you for supporting the Associated Students of Gavilan College!