Welcome to the CalWORKs program
The CalWORKs Program is designed to serve students who are receiving or eligible to receive cash-aid (TANF) from your local county social services agency. You must have at least one minor dependant (under 18) on your case, and must be attending Gavilan College and enrolled in credit, non-credit, or selected Community Education courses.
Eligible Students May Receive One or More of the Following Services:
- Dedicated support staff and academic counseling
- Textbook assistance
- Transportation assistance
- Childcare assistance
- Laptop loan program
- Resume writing
- Employment application assistance
- Subsidized employment opportunities
- Grants and meal cards (as funding allows)
- Student success workshops
CalWORKs Interest Form
Apply for Benefits in San Benito or Santa Clara County
Other Student Support Programs and Services
- If you meet certain income and education criteria, you may be eligible for Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS).
- If you are a single parent/guardian, you may qualify for additional benefits and services through the Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE).
- If you are a current or former foster youth, you may qualify for Foster Youth Services.
- If you are receiving CalFresh benefits, you may also qualify for Fresh Success .