Juntos Avanzamos - Together We Advance
More Information Coming Soon!
Project Abstract (1 page) and Complete Grant Proposal (64 pages)
Goals of Juntos Avanzamos:
|#1. Reinvigorate the Gavilan Student experience by making career central, not peripheral, to the academic experience.
- Foster a sense of belonging
- Goal and career planning
- Help students make informed choices
- Strengthen clarity about transfer and career opportunities
- Raise awareness of regional workforce needs and the career options to fill needs
- Increase internships
|#2. Develop an innovative coordinated care approach customized to the strengths and needs of Hispanic students that fosters a college culture of inclusion, engagement, and excellence through improved communication, coordination and collabotration, and make equity a top priority.
- Centralize assistance efforts for financial literacy, financial aid, career exploration and basic needs assistance
- Effectively communicate and intervene when students get off track
- Equity-minded staff and faculty development
- Equity-minded hiring
|#3. Increase student outcomes and close equity gaps to ensure alignment with state-mandated performance-based funding focused on student equity and student success.
- Integrate learning assistance and student support directly into transfer-level mathematics and English
- Leverage presence in feeder high schools to deliver financial aid and literacy information early in students' educational pipeline