Board of Trustees Goals, 2020
The Gavilan Board of Trustees is adopting the following goals and by doing so, commits itself to working collaboratively to support administration, faculty, staff, and students as they complete the work outlined in the Strategic Plan and/or Vision for Success and all integrated planning efforts consistent with The Principles of Community: Diversity, Inclusiveness, Purposefulness and Equity.
- Within three years, increase the number of students completing associates degrees, credentials, certificates, or specific skill sets that prepare them for in-demand jobs by 7%.
- Within three years, decrease the average number of units taken by graduates from 89 units to 85 units.
- Within three years, increase the proportion of CE graduates employed in their field of study by 4%.
- Within three years, reduce equity gaps across all of the above measures among targeted student groups by 20%.
- Ensure successful implementation of Measure X through regular status reports, transparent and timely decisions, and engagement/partnership with the community.
- Ensure fiscal stability and the effective use of resources through regular budget reports, in-depth workshops, and transparent budget and resource allocation decision-making.
- Ensure Board effectiveness through participation in professional development activities; including state and regional conferences, local workshops and study sessions, the board self-evaluation process, and other professional growth opportunities.
- Annual Student Performance Data
- Staff Analysis/Reports
- Stakeholder Feedback/Surveys
- Board Self-Evaluation