|Students!! Post resumes and search job openings. Gavilan College Career Education uses College Central Network as its job search system. The site is available 24/7 to students, alumni and employers at www.collegecentral.com/gavilan|
The Associate’s Degree program is designed for students pursuing a four-year degree in business. Transfer Students: Four-year colleges differ substantially in their lower division requirements for business transfer majors. Before enrolling you should refer to four-year college catalogs and consult with business faculty or counselor.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Analyze common business transactions and link them to the appropriate financial statements.
- Analyze the impact of shifts in supply and demand upon equilibrium price and quantity. Students who transfer to four-year colleges will have the appropriate background to successfully pursue a four-year Business degree.
REQUIREMENTS (18 - 22 UNITS)
- ACCT20 Financial Accounting (4)
- ACCT21 Managerial Accounting (4)
- ECON1 Principles of Macroeconomics (3)
- ECON2 Principles of Microeconomics (3)
- MATH5 or Introduction to Statistics (3)
- BUS11 or Statistics for Business and Economics (4)
- ECON11 Statistics for Business and Economics
- CSIS2L or Computers in Business Lab (1)
- CSIS2 Computers in Business (4)
Students must take additional courses from the Recommended Business Electives list to complete 18 units exclusively in the major if any of the above courses were used to satisfy General Education requirements.
- BUS1 Fundamentals of Business (3)
- BUS80 Business Law (3)
- MATH1A Single-Variable Calculus and Analytic Geometry (4)
- MATH1B Single-Variable Calculus and Analytic Geometry (4)
- MATH1C Multivariable Calculus (4)
- MATH2 Linear Algebra (3)
- MATH2C Differential Equations (3)
- MATH6 Calculus for Business/Social Science (3)
- MATH7 Finite Mathematics (3)
- MATH8A First Half of Precalculus (4)
- MATH8B Second Half of Precalculus (4)
For the Associate Degree, Complete General Education Requirements (35-39)
A student may complete the Gavilan College A.A./A.S. general education, the CSU-GE Breadth or the IGETC pattern, plus sufficient electives to meet a 60 unit total. See counselor for details.
NOTE: A course may be used to satisfy both general education and major courses. See”Double Counting Rule".