El Centro Academic Support
The Gavilan Online Bookstore is open again for in-person service and is located in the Administration Building, between the student center and Admissions & Records (see map). There you will find textbooks, course materials, books, clothing, apparel, gifts, t-shirts, supplies, fan gear and more.
Summer Store Hours
See about Gavilan Security Officers, Campus Sexual Violence Elimination (SaVE) Act, Reporting or Preventing a Crime, and more through our page.
For non-emergency assistance, call 848-4703, or 710-7490.
In case of life-threatening emergency, call 8-911!
These labs are available for student use when there are no classes scheduled.
DISTANCE EDUCATION/ONLINE LEARNING
The Mission of the Gavilan College Distance Education Program is to provide the highest quality instruction and support services that are accessible and responsive to the learning needs of its communities with courses, certificates, and degree programs through distance education. The program will also support future program development through collaboration and innovation with the community.
GAVILAN MATH LAB
Gavilan College's Math Lab is excited to offer in-person tutoring support Fall 2022!
Located in room MA101 on the Gilroy campus, the lab hosts drop-in style peer math tutoring and Math 5 statistics labs with plenty of computers to achieve the grade you strive for!
Face-to-face tutoring will be offered only to students who are registered in courses that meet in-person.
If you are not enrolled in any courses that meet on campus and are only taking online courses, we still have online tutoring via Zoom to support your needs.
In-person Hours: TBA
Online Tutoring Hours: TBA
If you are registered in any level math course, log-in to ilearn.gavilan.edu to find the Zoom link in your STEM Center/Math Lab canvas shell. Visit The STEM Center webpage for additional information about online tutoring.
LAPTOP, MIFI HOTSPOT, & EQUIPMENT REQUEST
Gavilan College has a limited number of laptops and MiFi/hotspots to loan to students who need them to continue their classes. Students registered in courses for the current semester and needing a laptop and/or hotspot, please complete the Laptop/Hotspot Request form.
Note: Students should not come to campus for equipment pickup unless confirmation of laptop request has been received by phone or email from Gavilan staff.
- Paid Summer Internships
- STEM Academic support
- Student Worker Employment Opportunities
- Accelerated Math Classes for Fall 2022
- STEM Articles of Inspiration
STUDENT HEALTH SERVICES
Our mission is to Improve the physical, mental, and social health of our students and to strengthen and inspire the well-being of the entire college community. Includes:
- Covid 19 Protocol
- Student Vaccine Information
- Emotional Welllness Services- Mental Health Counseling
- Well-Via- Students enrolled in credit courses have access to this service
- Covered California information
- and more!
See FAQS on
- Gavilan Student Email Account
- GavAlert FAQs
- Working with Folders and Files
TUTORING & WRITING CENTER
Taking a difficult class this fall? Want to study with someone? We're online to help!
- any writing, reading, or research assignment for any class (including English, history, philosophy, social sciences, child development, allied health, etc.)
- Math, Accounting, Chemistry, & Biology
- Technology support (iLearn, Google Docs, MS Word, email, etc.)
- Study skills (organization, time management, note-taking, etc.)
- ESL tutoring (complete este formulario para solicitar tutoría para una o más de sus classes)
Make an appointment for the writing center!
View our Study Tips and Tools!
Access NetTutor 24/7 after-hours tutoring on your MyGavPortal.
Zero Cost Textbook-EBOOKS
Search library content, including books, ebooks, articles, videos and databases