Summer/Fall 2022 Priority Registration Calendar
Registration begins at 8:00am on the first day of each Priority Level. The schedule of classes will be available on 4/18/2022.
|Registration Period||Date||Who Can Register|
|Priority 1||May 2 (Mon), May 3 (Tues)||CalWORKS, AEC, EOPS, Foster Youth, Homeless Youth,
Veterans (see notes below for additional eligibility criteria)
|Priority 2||May 4 (Wed)||Athletes, MESA, Puente, TRIO (see notes below for
additional eligibility criteria), Gavilan College Promise/CA
College Promise (first time to college) (see notes below)
|Priority 3||May 5 -8 (Thurs–Sun)||Continuing, first time to college students who have
completed orientation/placement/ed plan, GECA (see notes
below for additional eligibility criteria)
|Priority 4||May 9 (Mon)||First time to college students (1st semester) and beyond
who have not completed orientation/ placement/ ed plan
May 10 (Tues) -beginning of term
|Returning, Transfer, Probation 2, Academically Dismissed, High School (except GECA)|
|All||May 10– beginning of term||All admitted students|
|If you miss your Priority Registration date you may register any day after that until Late Registration closes.|
• Eligible Continuing students during Priority 1, 2, or 3 registration must be in good academic standing e.g. not on probation for 2 consecutive semesters or dismissal and have less than 100 earned units total excluding 30 units basic skills or ESL classes.
• First time to college students for Summer or Fall 2022, and who are eligible for Priority 1, 2, or 3, must have completed an orientation and have a Math/English placement and an education plan to be eligible for priority registration. Those who have not successfully completed orientation, placement and an education plan may enroll during Priority 4 registration which starts on May 9.
• Gavilan College Promise/CA College Promise students must have been admitted as a first time to college student and enroll in 12+ units each term, as well as successfully completed orientation/placement/education plan.
• Fire Science majors: Your registration will be handled through the South Bay Regional Public Safety Training
Consortium. Please contact South Bay at (408) 229-4299 or online at http://www.theacademy.ca.gov for
• All students are expected to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination and receive clearance confirmation prior to
registration for in person classes or access to the Library, Tutoring Centers, student service departments and other
areas on campus.
Payment Deadlines for Summer and Fall 2022
Payment is expected at the time of registration or upon receipt of financial aid disbursement. Students who do not pay their balance in full by the end of the 2nd week of the Term will have a hold placed on their account until payment is made.
Contact Admissions & Records for deadlines for short term and late start classes.
Visit the Financial Aid webpage for information on the many types of grants and scholarships available to students.
Not all aid is income sensitive.
Visit the Counseling website to connect with a counselor www.gavilan.edu/counseling
Log in to your myGav account to pay for your classes. If you have payment issues or problems please contact the Business Office at email@example.com.
NOTE: There will NOT be a “Drop for Non Payment” Date for Summer/Fall 2022 Terms