What to Expect
Roles and Responsibilities
- provide opportunity to learn and are facilitators, not answer givers or experts.
- do not do homework problems but address the underlying concepts.
- let the students do most, if not all, of the work and do the least amount of talking.
- encourage and guide students to become independent learners.
- are to be sensitive and responsive to frustration.
- do not help cram for tests!
Tutees (the students):
- are to take responsibility for their own learning.
- are to come prepared with all assignments attempted and reading read.
- are to be active learners/participants and bring all course materials to session.
- are to arrive on time and be respectful to all TC staff and fellow students.
- Is tutoring one-on-one?