Hover your mouse over an event for more information and click on it if you want to sign up
Making videos with embedded quizzes or surveys
- Would you like to turn a video into a lesson?
- Would you like to only use part of a video?
- Would you like to insert questions into a video and track your students’ understanding?
- Would you like to add sound or an audio note to a video? Come and take a tour of EDpuzzle and eduCanon.
Making Your Own Tutorials and Videos
- Would you like to make your own tutorial?
- Would you like to enhance a video you already have?
- Would you like to turn your photos into a lively slideshow?
- Would you like to add sound or an audio note to a video? Come and learn about Screencasting and the YouTube Editor.
Information Sharing and Collaboration Online
- Would you like your students to share information they’ve collected in an unusual way?
- Would you like your students to collaborate online? Come and check out Popplet, Thinglink, Google Docs, Google+, and more.
The Librarian is IN: Faculty Consultations for Library Resources
Facilitated by: Doug Achterman, Dana Young
Library resources have evolved dramatically in function and interface. These tools have strong potential to help students succeed when integrated into their instruction. These consultations offer faculty the opportunity to meet 1 on 1 or in small groups with their librarians to gain knowledge and skills in the use of Gavilan library resources such as OneSearch, Gavilan Research Guides, E-Book Collections, new databases and other learning resources. Call, email, or drop in! This activity meets the criteria for Flex credit under Chancellor's Office Guidelines for Instructional Improvement. Thanks to Santa Rosa Junior College Libraries for language and the concept for this flex opportunity.
Gavilan Online Teacher Training Academy Certification Program for Instructors begins Jan 6th, 2014! Ask us for details!
@One Training Opportunities: Go directly to the @One website to register.
- Computer Basic & Advanced Tools
- New Software Applications
- Best Practices in Online Education
We bring experts to your desktop! In just one hour you could learn about:
All you need is a computer with an internet connection.
Webinars are hosted on CCC Confer.
Make your lunch hour productive with Desktop Webinars. These webinars are just one hour long, starting at 12 noon, Pacific time, and are delivered via a Web browser and phone line (tell me more). Registration for each webinar closes the day before, so choose as many topics as you wish, register, and mark your calendar.
Click on the ones you’re interested in for more information and to register. Questions? contact us.
- Stay tuned for Fall '14 opportunities!
Schedule an Appointment!
Please email us (email@example.com) if you'd like to spend time one-on-one with an expert! We're available all day, throughout the semester. We love to help!