High School Transfer Enrichment Program
Gavilan College, in conjunction with the Live Oak and Ann Sobrato High Schools
in Morgan Hill and Gilroy High School will offer courses accepted at any university
(such as Political Science/Government and US History 1 and 2) each spring and fall
semester at the high school campuses. All students are required to take the placement
assessment prior to enrolling. All concurrent enrollment documents are required.
Please contact the Gavilan Assessment Office at 408-848-4992 or your high school
counselor for more information and about when the placement assessment will be
offered at the high school campuses.
- Start college while enrolled in High School!
- In two years earn a maximum of 12 college units.
- Courses conveniently offered at the high school.
- Meet college and university requirements while still in high school.
Who Can Participate?
- Experience college level work.
- Reduce four-year university expense.
- Advance academically.
- Become competitive in the four-year admission process.
- High school juniors and seniors. (Courses offered at high school
locations are open to any college-age student.)
- Minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA.
- Score at the appropriate level in reading, writing, and math.
- Ability to benefit from advanced scholastic work.
How to Register:
- Take the Gavilan College assessment
placement on your campus or at the Gavilan
College Morgan Hill site. You will complete a
Gavilan application for admission during your
assessment. See the assessment schedule on
the back of this flyer.
- See your high school academic counselor to
determine eligibility. All concurrent documents
- Fill out a High School Contract
(Recommendation for Special Student Status
form) with your high school academic counselor.
- Ask your parent to sign the contract.
- Register at Gavilan College by September 8,
2006. For more information about registration,
call the Admissions and Records Office at 408-
Cost: $26 per unit x 3 units = $78
Students must purchase their own textbooks.
Check out the Gavilan College bookstore website
For more information call 408-848-4738.