Gavilan College is a Smoke-Free Community
Smoking is allowed ONLY in the following designated areas (shown in red): Parking Lots A, C, E, H.
Smoking Break Alternatives
- Chew a piece of gum.
- Have a cup of herbal tea, juice or sparkling water.
- Take a short walk.
- Look at a cloud, tree, or bird.
- Re-live a pleasant memory.
- Draw a picture.
- Freshen up in some way.
- Write ten things you like about yourself.
- Talk to your instructor or classmates after class.
- Eat a healthy snack.
- Write down ideas or dreams you have for your future.
- Think about quitting.
Local Programs to Help you Quit Smoking
Other Resources to Help You Quit Smoking
Gavilan College Smoke and Tobacco-Free Campus Policy: BP 3570